Saturday, September 7, 2013

Saturday 7:15pm, I'm safe and useless

Just watched a video of the Syrian victims of chemical weapons.  People strewn on the floors of medical centers like worms on the concrete after a strong rain.

vomiting, violent coughing that may lead to vomiting, despondence, convulsions; pain for the old, young, man, woman, indifferent.
Things I haven't experienced communally.


I started crying halfway through the video.

My stomach turned further at the thought of my own tears and what little they did (ok, let's be real they did Nothing) to help the 5 year old child, with his involuntary jerks of his left hand, who may not get to say "I love you" to his parents tomorrow morning (supposing of course that they're still alive). A PRIVILEGE that most of us take for granted, myself included. 

My own day to day, month to month, year to year complaints are childish and pathetic.
My conquests for money and love and sex and social acceptance and control and success and social isolation are the sloth that allow this level of pathology to occur.  

I'm not a bleeding heart hippie, I just don't want children to have to know this pain. I'm not getting on a political soapbox either.  These horrific plans that politicians put into action are older than the figureheads that we sit up like children to root for or boo and hiss at.  Obama this and Bush that.  Like those cunts have any real say.  They just deliver the crap news and admit to things that they didn't personally do. When the dude in the shadows can "push the button" on your whole family with a wave of his scaly, withering hand, you'd take the fall for anything.

I watch gruesome horror and gore movies alllllll the time with no problem and I've for a while diagnosed that it was to tune out the atrocities that man suffers unto his own brothers for pennies on the dime.

No comments:

Post a Comment