Thursday, November 28, 2013

Muchas Gracias 2013

Thankful...
Yeah I'm thankful.

Everyday I breathe in air that while it's not completely pure could be much, much worse.
Everyday I can call either of my two parents and say "I love you and Thanks" (probably should do that more).
Everyday I'm free to make and learn music that kicks ass with other kick ass musicians.

Everyday I can work towards making new creepy music videos for y'all to smile at :)
Everyday I can learn a new something about something that I knew Nothing about previously.
Everyday my eyes open a little more towards a light that is my ultimate goal and purpose.

Everyday I have the ability to eat food that a century ago would have only been "fit" for the upper class.
Everyday I'm swallowed with emotions, good and bad, for the purpose of the human experience.
Everyday a team of awesome people is fighting for the basic human rights that we all want and need that are held captive by the venomous grip of a small portion of mongrels.

Everyday the science of things in my head is wiped clean to not be stagnant on the Laws I've built in my head as Truth to make way for the Theories of Maybe that exist in the present.
Everyday I can make one person smile just by smiling at them, imagine that.
Everyday I have at least one person listen to the stuff that's tumbling outta my head via my mouth for some odd reason.

Everyday I have the option to connect with elder generations in order to relish and understand Their past, share Our present, and discuss My future.
Everyday I have to option to openly date and potentially fall in love with Anyone who is mutually interested in me (that hasn't been a reality for pretty much any of the ethnic groups I'm composed of for a full 100 years in this country <----that's a big deal. Fairy Tales and Shit!)
Everyday I live on this soft pillow of a westernized society after many, many people have fought hard, compromised, worked long hours, swindled, lie, cheated and died all so I could sit in my swanky apartment in my pajamas past noon and write these lines you're reading.

Everyday part of me continues the bloodline of the people first native to these lands of the New World and am thankful that I get to see it through one day at a time in their honor.
Everyday I have the ability expose my voice to billions of people via the technology that humans have built.
Everyday I walk on two moderately healthy feet and use ten moderately healthy fingers to touch and manipulate the world around me that I see with two working eyes, smell with two working nostrils, hear with two arguably working ears, and taste with one very troublesome tongue.

There's so much to be thankful for the list goes on...


No comments:

Post a Comment